Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cafe Ish, Surry Hills

Cafe Ish was one of the first cafes that I went when I started my food mission in Sydney; it's around 2-3 years ago? I really like the soft-shell crab served there; I couldn't remember the exact name though. 


Finally I had a chance to go there again last weekend for my brunch alone. Cafe Ish has moved from Albion Street to Campbell Street, one block away. Now they have a bigger size cafe; although, I think I prefer the old one, small but cute cafe :) I noticed they have more staff also now. 


When I looked at the menu, I was really happy because the soft-shell crab was still there on the menu ... but there were two now. I decided to choose crab omelette because I tried the other one, crab with hollandaise sauce on toast. I ordered "wild chai" latte as well; I think I ordered the same drink before. 


The food was really good although I prefer the crab with hollandaise sauce on toast (I will definately roder this next time). The chai latte was allright, I couldn't say it was my favourite. 


Cafe Ish is famous in Sydney because their food are different and very good too. I will come back again when I feel like eating soft-shell crab again for my brunch :) Don't forget, to check out different salt that they have and how they serve the pepper (the storage is so cute ....)


wild chai

wild chai

soft-shell crab omelette

Cafe Ish
82 Campbell st
Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
(02) 9281 1688

No comments:

Post a Comment