Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coffee Garam, Surry Hills

Coffee Garam is a new Indian-Australian fusion cafe in Surry Hills. First time I heard about the concept, I love it at first-heard (not sight :P). I think there are no other cafe which are having this theme yet in Sydney or maybe even Australia. You can enjoy the cafe atmosphere and menu but in the same times, having those Indian snacks and masala chai. 


When you pass this cafe, you couldn't really see what it's inside. However, when you go inside, you will be amazed with the nice modern interior and very nice colour combination. On the wall, there is a beautiful Taj-Mahal picture. The owner (Harvey Parekh) and the staff are very friendly; they know and remember almost all their customers. 


My friend and I decided to order 2 masala chai, French Toast (of course for me), bacon egg roll for her and my favourite Indian snack bhel puri. I was little bit worried whether my friend will like the chai and bhel puri. Guess what, she loves it! She found masala chai is different but very nice. Bhel puri was spicy but she almost finished the whole bowl by herself :) French Toast was very very good too; the bread was perfect for French Toast. Bacon egg roll is same like other places but my friend likes the sauce a lot and she didn't realize it was bbq sauce only. Masala chai is good but I like my own masala chai better :P My friend and I finished the whole masala chai. I heard the coffee made by the owner was awesome but I don't drink coffee so I didn't order, unfortunately. 


The price is very cheap, looking at the serving size. Bacon egg roll with coffee is only $6. French Toast is $8.50. Masala chai $3.60 for such teapot size was totally cheap! Bhel Puri is $6. With total around $26; My friend and I almost couldn't stand up anymore because we were too full :)


I am really suprised that they can serve such a good food without kitchen. They only have hot plates to prepare everything. 2 thumbs up for them. I really hope more people will know about this cafe because it's such a unique place and have brillliant food. 







bacon egg roll

 french toast

french toast

masala chai

bhel puri

bhel puri

masala chai

scrambled-eggs baquette

scrambled-eggs baquette





Coffee Garam
29-37 Bellevue St
Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
0423 917 605

No comments:

Post a Comment