Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Deus Cafe, Camperdown

Sometimes I wonder, how and why a cafe becomes popular when the food served are very common which you can find anywhere else? Location? marketing from mouth to mouth? Review? Maybe ... 


I went to Deus Cafe last weekend. When I entered the cafe, I was surprised because the cafe was pack of people. They were under staff so we were trying to find an empty table by ourselves. We found a table in the corner, shared with other 2 ladies. I looked at the menu ... nothing is unique or different, they served the same breakfast like other cafes; such as egg benedicts, big breakfast, toast, bacon, poached egg, etc. 


According to my friend, the coffee was bitter. The food was good but again nothing is extra-ordinary. The almond pastry was nice; egg benedicts sauce was good.  No friendly smile or small chat from the staff, I guess they were really busy. However, the waiter who brought our food was friendly. 


Deus Cafe, Camperdown




almond pastry

english breakfast tea

latte

2 poached eggs with toast

eggs benedicts
Deus Cafe
98-104 Parramatta Rd
Camperdown NSW 2050
(02) 9519 3669
Open Weekdays 10am-6pm; Weekends 10am-4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment